Assemblies of God
What We Believe
1. WE BELIEVE...The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan
for mankind. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21)
2. WE BELIEVE...There is only One True God–revealed in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity). (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10,11; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22)
3. WE BELIEVE...In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son Jesus was both
human and divine.
a. His virgin birth (Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:31,35).
b. His sinless life (Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22).
c. His miracles (Acts 2:22; 10:38).
d. His substitutionary work on the cross (1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
e. His bodily resurrection from the dead (Matthew 28:6; Luke 24:39; 1 Corinthians 15:4).
f. His exaltation to the right hand of God (Acts 1:9,11; 2:33; Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 1:3).
4. WE BELIEVE...though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and
death, both physical and spiritual, into the world. (Genesis 1:26,27; 2:17; 3:6; Romans
5. WE BELIEVE...Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through 'Salvation' (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). (Luke 24:47; John 3:3; Romans 10:13-15; Ephesians 2:8; Titus 2:11; 3:5-7; (Ephesians 4:24; Titus 2:12). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
6. WE BELIEVE...and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after
repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion
(the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our
7. WE BELIEVE... All believers are entitled to and should ardently expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Spirit and fire, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. This was the normal experience of all in the early Christian church. With it comes the enduement of power for life and service, the bestowment of the gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4,8; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31). This experience is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the new birth (Acts 8:12-17; 10:44-46; 11:14-16; 15:7-9). With the baptism in the Holy Spirit come such experiences as an overflowing fullness of the Spirit (John 7:37-39; Acts 4:8), a deepened reverence for God (Acts 2:43; Hebrews 12:28), an intensified consecration to God and dedication to His work (Acts 2:42), and a more active love for Christ, for His Word, and for the lost (Mark 16:20). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
8. WE BELIEVE... The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is
‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced
throughout Acts and the Epistles. (Acts 2:4; 1 Corinthians 12:4-10,28)
9. WE BELIEVE...Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God (Romans 12:1,2; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 13:12). Scriptures teach a life of “holiness without which no man shall see the Lord” (Hebrews 12:14). By the power of the Holy Spirit we are able to obey the command: “Be ye holy, for I am holy” (1 Peter 1:15,16). Sanctification is realized in the believer by recognizing his identification with Christ in His death and resurrection, and by faith reckoning daily upon the fact of that union, and by offering every faculty continually to the dominion of the Holy Spirit (Romans 6:1-11,13; 8:1,2,13; Galatians 2:20; Philippians 2:12,13; 1 Peter 1:5).
10. WE BELIEVE...The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the Church' is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 1:22,23; 2:22; Hebrews 12:23).
11. WE BELIEVE... A divinely called and scripturally ordained ministry has been provided by our Lord for the fourfold purpose of leading the Church in: (1) evangelization of the world (Mark 16:15-20), (2) worship of God (John 4:23,24), (3) building a Body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son (Ephesians 4:11,16), and (4) Meeting human need with ministries of love and compassion (Psalms 112:9; Galatians 2:10; 6:10; James 1:27).
12. WE BELIEVE...Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is
provided for in Christ's atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
(Isaiah 53:4,5; Matthew 8:16,17; James 5:14-16). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
13. WE BELIEVE...in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:16,17; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13; 1 Corinthians 15:51,52). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
14. WE BELIEVE...in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace. (Zechariah 14:5; Matthew 24:27,30; Revelation 1:7; 19:11-14; 20:1-6; (Ezekiel 37:21,22; Zephaniah 3:19,20; Romans 11:26,27; (Isaiah 11:6-9; Psalm 72:3-8; Micah 4:3,4).
15. WE BELIEVE...A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire. (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 19:20; 20:11-15; 21:8).
16. WE BELIEVE...and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!' (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21,22).
This page is password protected please see your Life Group Leader or Pastor!